We offer a huge selection of games available for download directly to your PC. Simply select the downloadable games you wish to purchase and use our secure digital download checkout. You will be prompted to save these games directly to your PC using our robust download managing software. No rentals, no subscriptions – you own the game! In some cases, trial versions are also available, so you can even review the game before making a purchase.
|This depends on the file size of the game and the speed of your Internet connection.
Estimated Download Times:
Prior to downloading the product, a small application is delivered to your PC’s desktop. If the transmission is interrupted, this application can be used to restart the download. If a download is restarted, the transmission resumes where it left off.
This varies by publisher and product. Some products can be installed on only one PC while others can be installed on up to three PCs. Your email receipt will display the number of licenses available.
If a trial version is available, follow these steps to reactivate your product:
- Visit GameStop.ca and download and install the trial version of the product.
- Start the product and click on the link labeled “Already Paid? Click Here”.
- Enter the email address you used at the time of purchase and your account password to login and activate the product.
If a trial version is unavailable, follow these steps to reactivate your product:
- Visit the GameStop.ca “My Account” page
- Click on the link “To access your digital download account click here.”
- Click on “Previous Orders” and click on the corresponding receipt to find a link to re-download and activate the product.
Click on the "Free Trial" link from the product description page of the game.
- When prompted to Open/Save, choose "Open". Wait for the download to finish.
- Follow the on screen instructions. The game will install automatically.
- Play the game throughout the trial period and see if you like it.
- You will have the option to purchase the game after the trial period expires.
Trial periods vary by publisher. Most trial periods last for 30 minutes of game play. Trial periods cannot be extended, but you will have the option to purchase the full product after the trial period ends. Many full-game products also come with a full 48-hour money back guarantee, which you can use to extend your evaluation.
Proceed to the digital download checkout as usual. At “Step 1” select the box indicating the purchase is a gift for someone else. Fill out the appropriate contact information for the recipient and complete your transaction. The recipient will be sent an email explaining how to download and install their gift.
As our downloadable game fulfillment is handled by a 3rd party, we cannot accept GameStop Gift Cards, Gift Certificates or credit stored on Edge Cards for payment on downloads at this time.